Six Train’s Book Launch Party +Hippity Hoppity Blog Bouncing

P1010930

Photo by Paul Garland

Last Thursday, at the Haight-Brown Vineyard, I had Six Train’s book launch party–An Evening of Wine and Words.

Big thank you to my mom and Aunt Sue for helping transport all the books and swag bags and set up the event with me in the middle of a rainstorm!

To Haight for providing the perfect venue, delicious wines, and delightful cheeses.

Despite the monsoon rains, ย 50+ people turned out for the event!

I was so delighted and touched to see my friends and ย family braving the elements for me. I can’t begin to express how wonderful it was to have their support!

Even my best friend Ant and cousin Gene represented from NYC on a work night. Thanks for making the trip in just for me!!!

I greeted everyone and explained how things would work. The time flew by faster than I thought possible. I barely had a moment to mingle before it was time for our talk.

Lukas, their winemaker, and I had a fun discussion about which of their wines best suited me and my main characters, Kai and Oliver.

At first, I was ridiculously nervous. I heard myself saying “I love the sun” and cringed inwardly. I hate the sun. Cripes I messed up the easy part–describing myself. But I just went with it.

Luckily, I tossed things to Lukas and hearing his soothing South African accent as he explained what type of wine I’d like. He totally calmed me down. So much so I started leaning on the wall and almost knocked the picture down.

When it came time to read my excerpt I was calm. Able to project my voice far and wide.

Then we talked about Kai and Oliver and their wines–he recommended a chardonnay for Kai and their Big Red for Oliver. He recommended a riesling or Strawberry Bliss for me.

Then I was at the author table the rest of the night, chatting with readers and signing books. And sipping my heavenly Strawberry Bliss.

I had a line of people waiting to talk to me. Wow. What a dream. ๐Ÿ™‚ It was my favorite part of the night, getting to chat with each reader and personalize their book.

Here’s a lovely shot of me and my cousins: Paul, Rebecca, and Gene:

P1010920

Photo by Paul Garland

With my two oldest and dearest friends–Linds and Ant:

P1010934

Photo by Paul Garland

******

Upcoming Blog Stops

The 4 AM Writer: Gwen interviews me on my indie publishing experiences: June 17th

Tales of A Charm City Chick: I confess my worst fear to La La and tell her how I overcame fear with fear: June 18th

Julie Kenner: Guest post on how research and reality collided while writing Six Train: June 18th

Philosopher Mouse of the Hedge: A unique interview with RC: June 19th

This entry was posted in author appearance, blog hop, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Six Train’s Book Launch Party +Hippity Hoppity Blog Bouncing

1. How exciting! I’m really loving it so far! ๐Ÿ™‚ Beth

2. Philosopher Mouse of the Hedge says:

It was the perfect venue – looks like fun! Bliss is good

3. So exciting! What a journey.

I would have needed a glass of wine beforehand to settle my nerves. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’m so glad to see how well your work is being received!

• Lukas (their winemaker) suggested that. But I heard horror stories about people who drank before a reading and messed up. I had an empty stomach and I was afraid. I figured better to be nervous than to be accidentally inebriated. ๐Ÿ™‚ Me too! It still surprises me that people line up to get my book signed!

5. Looks like you had a great time! Congratulations again!

• Thanks Kitt! It was one of the best nights of my life. Seeing all the people that came out for me and my book. Friends and family and family friends. It was amazing. ๐Ÿ™‚

You deserve that celebration ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m looking forward to your audience with RC Cat… you must be very special, or did you bribe her with mousies…

• Thanks EllaDee! Karen did a terrific job. She is so intricately creative. I love how I never know where the posts are going until the end. I may have spiked her food with catnip.;)

7. Lori D says:

This is so exciting, Kourtney. Congratulations!

8. klynwurth says:

Kourtney, you look so beautiful and happy. What a great night! I’m so happy for you and glad you shared this on your site.

• Thanks Kelly! I was so happy. One of the best nights of my life. Aw of course I had to share it with my blog buddies. You’re a big part of why that night was happening. ๐Ÿ™‚

9. Cat Forsley says:

Hope You’re resting well xo

Sounds like you had a great launch party and when people turn out in a monsoon, you know they care. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Thanks Pete. It was one of the best evenings of my life. I can’t begin to express how wonderful it was. Thank goodness my cousin Paul captured it in pictures so I can look back and smile. ๐Ÿ™‚

11. Mayumi-H says:

Awesome, Kourtney! It’s great to see/hear how this book has become as much about your family and friends as about the journey of your characters. (I think figuring out Kai’s and Oliver’s wines is a great bit!)

• Thanks Mayumi! I spent 3 months planning that event. *Smiles* I came up with that idea to weave their wine and my words together. I really wanted to help promote their wines and my book simultaneously. Lukas did an awesome job as the wine whisperer. ๐Ÿ™‚