Summer Break

Right now, my real life has to take a front seat to my online life.

There are things that I absolutely need to get done this summer and that means I won’t be online much. I’ll still be sending out my monthly author newsletter, so sign up for it if you want monthly updates on my writing life (http://kourtneyheintz.com/contact/).

I’ve got a few major projects happening.

I’ve got to revise my first draft of The Unbelievables Book 3 and deliver a polished second draft to my editor by September 1.

I’ve got some personal goals that require daily exercise and cooking. I need to exercise 1-2 hours a day. I also have to prepare healthy meals.

I also have some additional professional goals that require major time this summer. I’ll explain more about that in the fall. But for the summer, I’m studying and taking tests and getting certifications that requires hundreds of  hours of preparation.

I looked at my schedule and realized that in order to complete these goals, I have to let other things (my online time) slide for a few months.

I’m sorry to be away for a bit, but it’s what I have to do right now.

Have you had to take a break from being online? Was it helpful to achieving your goals?

This entry was posted in blogging, introspection, me time, Writing and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Summer Break

1. Enjoy real life dear Kourtney.. I have been spending less time in WP this year as life takes the lead.
    Take care of yourself.
    Sue

I’m backing away from online things for the summer too. I’ll still be active on Twitter, but probably won’t stop in at as many blogs. I have some writing deadlines I want to make.

Hope your summer is good. Sounds like you’re doing great with your goals.

• Kourtney says:

I think that’s very smart. You are smart to focus on where you feel most comfortable and enjoy being. Hope you made your writing deadlines. Summer was very good. Went way too fast!

3. Mayumi-H says:

Taking a break from online definitely helped my sanity, even if it didn’t produce any definite results in my creativity. I try to break from it whenever I’m on vacation from my day job. The two weeks I spend in Japan are prime times for me to get away from social media, with the exception of some mindless IG. I do think it’s healthier to regularly remove ourselves from the constant media and news bombardment that the Internet has become.

Good luck with all those summer projects!

• Kourtney says:

Thanks, Mayumi! I feel like being offline is good for us in lots of ways. That’s smart to take real breaks like that. There’s just so much coming at us online. I managed to get everything done writing wise and passed my exam. Good summer indeed.

4. carlamcgill says:

Yes, Kourtney, I have had to take a long break from doing my blog posts due to medical and situational things. I LONG to get back to it. Sending best wishes to you for accomplishing all your goals, and I am glad you are feeling much better, as I can presume from all of your activities. Look forward to your next post!

5. carlamcgill says:

Kourtney – My break from blogging has been a little longer than I wanted it to be! Wishing you well in your time away from it. Come back soon, though!

• Kourtney says:

Thanks, Carla. It was really nice being offline. It made me realize that I miss the blog, but also that I didn’t miss other SM platforms.