The Book Review Part:
Sara Humphreys‘ Street Team Smarts is a wonderful guide to expansive promotion. Leveraging connections in far off places to get the word out about your book.
In this book, Sara talks about how to put out the call to your supporters and give them focused promotional tasks that spread the word about your book without imposing too much on them.
She talks about the importance of creating a cohesive group and making sure to give them a unique and thoughtful reward for their support.
The book is written in a conversational, workshop style that immediately imparts her knowledge to the reader.
It was a quick, easy read and I walked away feeling a little more prepared for my book launch. Thanks Sara!
The Personal Request Part:
I wanted to reach out to my awesome blogger friends and see if anyone is interested in becoming part of my street team. What I’m looking for is 10-15 people in different locations throughout the U.S. and Canada who can spare 2-3 hours of their time around the book launch (5/28/13-6/30/13) to:
- Put out my bookmarks in 1-3 venues in your area (libraries, bookstores, spas, salons, gyms, etc.)
- Request your local library carry my book
- Email me the names of 3-5 possible associations or organizations in your area that I can contact to see if they might be interested in hosting an author event
In return, I will:
- Give you the inside scoop on me and my book before I post it anywhere
- Send you a free author swag bag
- Show you three of the covers that didn’t make it onto my book
- Be forever in your debt
I’ll happily create a Facebook group or an email group for my street team to interact. Or if you’d rather just interact with me one-on-one, we can do that. Totally your call.
If you’re interested in being part of my street team, please let me know in the comments or email me and I’ll follow up with you. And if you don’t have time to be part of my street team, I really appreciate all your online support. 🙂
41 Responses to Street Team Smarts: A Book Review and Personal Request