I’m On Vacation!

It sorta started last Wednesday night. I took the train into NY. Arrived at Grand Central and cabbed it over to my friend’s Chelsea digs. I was cat sitting for a couple days before I flew to LA. Well, to be honest his cat is a cat with a dog’s soul (greets you at the door, cuddles in bed with you). So I did some shopping and caught up with a friend who happened to be in the city at the same time.

Then I got up horribly early Saturday AM and went to JFK for a flight to LA. Saturday I hung out with my dear friend J who I’ve known 12 years now. Sunday, we drove up to Napa. And today we are wine touring and tasting in Napa.

We’ll spend the next 2 days driving back down the coast to LA. Thursday, I meet the awesome August McLaughlin whose been a blog buddy for months. We’re going for lunch!

Ill explore my hotel for the SCBWI LA Conference. Then my terrific writing buddy and dear friend, Kat Bender arrives.

And we conference for 4 days. Then I fly back to NY next Tuesday and train back to CT Wednesday August 8th.

During this time, I probably won’t be commenting much on people’s blogs. Please forgive my absence. It’s my only official vacation this year. ๐Ÿ™‚ And I’m conferencing for 1/3 of it!

This entry was posted in Personal, Uncategorized, Writing and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to I’m On Vacation!

1. kford2007 says:

Have lots and lots of fun!

2. themadgayman says:

Well I am jealous. The day you come back is my birthday. Safe travels love.

Have a great time!

Enjoy the trip! That’s the important thing! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Thanks! I really want to focus on my friends while I’m with them. ๐Ÿ™‚ my Napa buddy and I haven’t been in the same room in 3 years. It’s nice to just chill with him and road trip. ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Yatin says:

Welcome to NY! ๐Ÿ™‚

6. What an awesome bicoastal adventure, Kourtney. Enjoy your pants off. ๐Ÿ™‚ Can’t wait to see you!

7. Elliot says:

Enjoy the trip. We were up near Santa Barbara this weekend. You are going to love big parts of that coastal road.

8. Have a terrific time! (and that sounds like the best kind of cat.)

9. zelmare says:

Sounds like a wonderful few days. Enjoy! ๐Ÿ™‚

Enjoy your break. Have a great time.

11. Cedelle says:

Nice! ๐Ÿ˜€ I wish you have a great rest of vacation. When you come back claim your award ๐Ÿ™‚ http://93cedelle.wordpress.com/2012/08/01/one-lovely-blog-award/

~C

12. I’m so behind on my own commenting, I realize this is late in coming but HAPPY VACATION! I hope you had a wonderful time- so well deserved ๐Ÿ™‚

• No worries. ๐Ÿ™‚ Any time you comment, I’m happy to hear from you! Aw thanks. It started out lovely and I made the best of things..but 2 days into I got this insane upper respiratory infection that lasted the entire trip and caused bronchial asthma. So I was pretty ill from July 30-August 18th. I powered through the trip and the conference which may have been why it took so long to get better. But I did have fun. Just not quite what I expected.

• Geesh, that’s the worst! So glad you were able to still have fun…hoping you are all back to healthy now (and that your NEXT vacation will be all smiles and sunshine) ๐Ÿ™‚

• Very very unlucky with the timing there. But I decided to do my best to have a good time. I’m almost there. Still a lingering cough and I’m on an inhaler hoping Sept is kinder to my body! ๐Ÿ™‚