Beta Reading Reblog from JM McDowell

One of my favorite fellow bloggers, JM McDowell but together a fantastic series of posts on beta reading manuscripts. I’m still sinking under tech issues this week so I figured it was the perfect time to reblog her insightful post. Seriously, any writer who needs beta readers and any one who is a beta reader or planning to be one should check this out. She gives a terrific list of beta and writer do’s and dont’s.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to Beta Reading Reblog from JM McDowell

1. crubin says:

This is a great series JM has put together. I’ve marked it in my favorites for future use should the need arise.

Hey, Kourtney, thanks for the reblog! This probably sounds corny, but I really am glad that some of my posts can be helpful to others. And when a great writer and blogger like you makes the recommendation, I’m totally amazed.

I hope your tech problems are smoothed over now so you can get back to the writing! I miss posts like your days with Grandma H!

• JM, you are very welcome. ๐Ÿ™‚ You did a FANTASTIC job on this series of posts on beta reading. A must read for all betas and writers needing betas. ๐Ÿ™‚ It was on my to do list to reblog it this week actually. It was a stellar stellar post. And thank you for helping me put up top notch stuff on the blog when I was in tech hell. My mind was mush and I couldn’t write a blog post or a scene or anything. You saved me.:)

It looks like the new Mac is up and running. 4 days later. I think *fingers crossed* the tech glitches are behind me. At least on the migration. Hoping to get back to writing today or tomorrow. ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Cat Forsley says:

ALWAYS HERE XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

4. Thanks for reblog of this post. It’s so well done. (Glad the computer issues are leveling off)

5. It's the little things that make life great.berry says:

Thanks for info. Hope u feel better sooooon.

6. danylife says:

Iโ€™ve nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
    Blogging is very new for me therefore I didn’t know anything about these awards. It’s sharing personal thoughts with the outside world – maybe to inspirate and help others but also yourself. I think it’s a brilliant way to see that we are all human beings who often share the same passion or struggle with similar issues in our lives. Therefore I like your blogs and find them inspiring and want to nominate you for this award.
    If you choose to accept the award, youโ€™ll find the โ€œinstructionsโ€ linked here: http://lifeisyourpieceofart.wordpress.com/2012/05/17/very-inspiring-blogger-award/
    All the best,
    Dany ๐Ÿ™‚

• Thanks so much Dany. Congrats on winning this award too. ๐Ÿ™‚ The awards are a lovely way to let fellow bloggers know you appreciate their writing. Aw, I am so glad to hear you enjoy my posts and find them inspiring.

I’ll definitely check out the instructions. Thanks!
      Take care,
      Kourtney

7. Yatin says:

Hope the tech issues are resolved by now ๐Ÿ™‚
    I am catching up on the blogs I am following