The First International Stop and then The Final Book Tour Stop

SixTraintoWisconsin1600

Toronto, Canada

On October 10th from 6pm-7pm, I will be presenting an author talk: Take The Six Train to Wisconsin with a short reading and Q&A at University of Toronto’s Hart House.

There will be a really cool giveaway since this is my only international stop on the book tour. ย And my second to last event of the year.

If you’re in the Toronto area, please stop by!

IMG_3670

New York, NY

On October 23rd from 6-8 pm, I will be returning to where it all began: New York. The venue is somewhere I clocked a good amount of hours when I lived in the city.

Salon 2b has graciously offered to host an Evening of Wine and Words with me. I will do a short reading and Q&A about the book. There will be wine, cheese and fruit served.

This is the first time my photography will be shown. It’s all the photos I included inside the book. I’m donating a portion of the profits from the book sales and photo sales to benefit the Dynamite Youth Center, which helps at-risk teens.

This is my last scheduled book tour stop for Six Train. Kind of fitting that I will be ending the book tour in the place where I first started writing the book. The perfect way to wrap up my Six Train travels.

If you are in the NYC area, please swing by!

This entry was posted in Promotion, Travel, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to The First International Stop and then The Final Book Tour Stop

1. What a whirlwind. Congratulations, and thank you for the great example you’ve set on how it’s done. I’ve enjoyed following your journey on your debut promotional tour.

I’m looking forward to getting your newest ms with my thoughts to you by next weekend. ๐Ÿ™‚

• It certainly has been. Aw thanks. I think I did much better on the book tour than the blog tour. I was at MARCON 2013 and realized I didn’t target enough variety of blogs. Ah well, lesson for next time. Thanks. I really appreciate it. ๐Ÿ™‚ Looking forward to reading your feedback. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Arlene says:

Such a fitting way to end the tour. Good luck and safe travels!! ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Mae Clair says:

Wishing you safe traveling and much success on the tour stops. You’ve really opened my eyes to the importance of author signings!

• Thanks Mae. ๐Ÿ™‚ I felt the grassroots approach was my best option as an indie author. It’s been a tremendous amount of work and money, but I can’t think of a better way to connect with readers and increase visibility. ๐Ÿ™‚

An international book-traveler now. Awesome! Hope the events go well. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Thanks Carrie! Hart House has done so much to publicize the event, I really appreciate all their hard work. I’ve leveraged a couple contacts in the city so hopefully we’ll get 10+ people. ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Be safe. Sounds like a blast! I’ve always wanted to check out Toronto.

6. Such a perfect way to end your journey, Kourtney. Thanks for taking us along…it’s been fun! Enjoy Toronto!

Sounds like two great events to wrap up the tour! Then I’m hoping you’ll have more time to spend on writing the sequel. ๐Ÿ˜€

8. Sounds fantastic, Kourtney! Toronto is such a fun city; I know you’ll have a great time. Can’t wait to read about it later. ๐Ÿ™‚

9. Have the best time! Can’t wait to hear about it. ๐Ÿ™‚

10. I’d really love to come and meet you, Kourtney. ๐Ÿ™‚

I love how different each of your stops seem to be, with varied themes and focal points. Doesn’t seem like it’s the same old, same old book tour – which probably helps keep up your interest, too.

Bet you’re looking forward to NY!

• I try to tailor each stop to the venue’s request. I do author talks or workshops. Readings. And parties. I also join book clubs via Skype or on the phone or by email. However, they like. ๐Ÿ™‚ It keeps things interesting and fun. Also give me time to fine tune a talk.

I am really excited about NY. Getting to see old friends, coworkers, bosses, and mentors. It’s going to be a cool night. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m not sure what is most exciting, that you’ve managed an international stop, or it’s your second last event. You’ve put in such fantastic groundwork, as you ease off a bit, the momentum will build and carry. I’ve been following your Toronto visit via FB, and it sounds wonderful ๐Ÿ™‚

The international book tour! You’ve certainly done a good job in promoting your book and visiting a lot of places and interacting with people. I hope you’ve enjoyed it all and it gives you more impetus for the future ๐Ÿ™‚

• It’s funny as I get to the end of the tour, I finally feel like I know what I am doing. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Being indie, I felt like the grassroots approach was the best. It’s been a blast to meet readers, and I will always tour with each book. But it is exhausting to be the author, the book seller, the travel coordinator, the event planner, and the bookkeeper.