Summer Blog Schedule

Starting next week, I am going to decrease my blog posts to 3 times a week. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Why?

It’s summertime and we all should get outside more.

I need to decrease my time online until my neck gets better.

Emerson has asked for more time playing and walking around.

I’ll try to keep the posts interesting but short throughout the summer. If there’s anything in particular you’d like me to write about, please let me know.

Happy Summer!

This entry was posted in Personal, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Summer Blog Schedule

1. good for you. i had to go back to twice a week so that it was fun and not a chore. enjoy the summer.

2. Cat Forsley says:

ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XO

3. crubin says:

I think most of us will likely do the same, though I’m lazy and already only post twice weekly. ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Have a great summer, Kourtney. I am never organized enough to actually have a schedule, so I am already impressed! Looking forward to hearing from you whenever that may be. Hope you feel better soon!

• You too, Naomi! LOL, I think sometimes I’m hyper organizedโ€“that definitely contributed to my neck problem. I won’t be online as much for couple weeks, but I’m hoping all that rest loosens up my neck. ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Good on you! I’m hoping to unplug a bit too….Have a wonderful time with Emerson…enjoy the sun!

• Thanks! I didn’t realize how much time I spent not reading books until I had to disconnect from my computer. I’m 100 pages into another novel. And I’m starting another book on the craft of writing too. Thanks! He’s liking the walks and play time. ๐Ÿ™‚

LOLโ€”I can only manage 2 posts per week! Heal up and enjoy the summer. Let your characters play, too. Mine seem to have enjoyed their time off and are now feeling more helpful about rewrites. ๐Ÿ˜‰

7. JM, your posts are much more informative than mine. ๐Ÿ™‚ Those are two sirloin steaks a week to my pork chop like posts. ๐Ÿ™‚ I was in the final stretch of my WIP so maybe it’s good that I took a break. The last 8k words need to get written but that can wait. I’m thinking of it as extra time to read and spend with family. ๐Ÿ™‚

• jmmcdowell says:

Kourtney, yours is one of the most informative and helpful blogs I follow! Pork chops? More like Kobe beef! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll bet with some rest that you’ll get those last 8k words written easily. ๐Ÿ™‚

8. You are always interesting, Kourtney. I need one myself. Can’t keep up with it all these days. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Thanks Susan! I enjoy your posts so much. Sorry I haven’t been able to stop by this week. I’m supposed to minimize computer time this and next week. Grrr. Miss you!

9. Sounds like a good plan! (agree with jmmcdowell – Kobe)
    Recharge and play with Emerson (getting ready to walk the German now – afternoons are nice, but early mornings are so quiet with birds – easier to think)
    Enjoy the summer!

• Thanks! *Blushing* at the Kobe compliment. ๐Ÿ™‚ Hoping time away from the computer will let me finish my draft in July. ๐Ÿ™‚ I like walking Emerson after 6 pm. It’s cooler. I’m not a morning person, I walk around like a drunk zombie the first 30 minutes I’m awake. Have a great summer too!

10. mj monaghan says:

Wow, three times a week is still a lot. Enjoy your summer, Kourtney.

Sounds like a good idea. Here the summer means warmer weather with the rain!

I read your entry in the Amazon comp last night. I’m looking forward to reading the whole book. I am intrigued.

12. zelmare says:

Great idea! I find myself spending more and more time in front of my laptop – not good!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• I didn’t realize how much the computer had taken over my life until my doctor told me to step away from it. Now I’m on it 15 minutes every 2 hours. What a difference that makes. Though I do miss visiting all the blogs I follow.

• zelmare says:

I know – it’s difficult not knowing what’s going on in blogland… I thought to limit myself to 2 hours every afternoon…

• It’s hard to stay away. But the physical therapist promises resting my hand will help. So my computer time is about 3 hours per day divided into 15 minute bursts. Hoping my neck gets better so I can get back to my normal 12 hour day. ๐Ÿ˜‰

13. La La says:

Happy summer to you, too!! I am going to Miami this week. WOO HOO!