Check in on Resolutions Time

IMG_0387

Time to check in on my Q2 results regarding  my New Year’s Resolution Implementation Program.

Here’s my quarterly update:

1. Lose 35 lbs and keep it off.–Since last December, I lost a total of 10 lbs which I have kept off to date.
  2. Exercise 4-5 days per week.–This was derailed by the car accident in June. Now I’m doing physical therapy exercises twice a day.
  3. Follow a low-carb eating regimen.–Hit and miss. Been good for a few days.
  4. Self-publish my novel, The Six Train to Wisconsin. Done in late April/early May for the ebook and paperback.
  5. Find a full-time job and move back to a major or minor city.–Since I have an agent and publisher for my other book, I’m going to try to make a living as a full-time author.
  6. Submit my third manuscript to agents and publishers.–Since I have an agent, I’m hoping she will take a look at it once I polish it up. I have it out to two beta readers and I hope to get their feedback this fall/winter.

So 4-6 are pretty much completed. Looks like I need to focus more on 1-3 in Q3 & Q4.

I’m on my way to Wisconsin tomorrow so I won’t be around online for about a week or so. Sometimes you have to disconnect to connect in the real world. 🙂

This entry was posted in Personal, Uncategorized, Writing and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to Check in on Resolutions Time

I didn’t know about the car accident. So sorry to hear it. But congrats on the rest of those resolutions. Four, five, and six are pretty amazing!

2. Maxine Kleinsteiber says:

Great deep fried bacon-cheese chunks at the local resort on Butternut Lake! There aren’t many; carbs in those lovelies, just lots of FAT!

3. Mae Clair says:

Sounds like you are mostly accomplishing your goals. I’m envious that you’re going to living the life of a full-time author 🙂

So sorry to hear about he car accident. I hope the therapy exercises are helping. Have fun in Butternut!

• Thanks Mae. I’m happy with my progress on 4-6. Now to make 1-3 the focus of Q3 and Q4. 😉 The therapy exercises are helping. Takes a while but I’m heading in the right direction. 🙂

4. Congratulations on meeting most of your goals., Kourtney! I hope you have a wonderful trip!

5. Sounds like you managed to keep to a few of your resolutions and Great about the Book .. Sorry to hear about your car accident though I hope all is well… And good luck in all you do and have a good trip… 🙂
    take care.. Sue

6. Whew, you’re doing great. Oh, you already have a real job: writing…authors are always the last to know (giggles). YEA you!

I think you’ve been pretty darn successful on the resolutions! Now get yourself to Wisconsin and have a great time! It looks like the heat may have broken there, so you should hopefully have much nicer weather for events there. 🙂

8. Nice work Kourtney! Clearly you’re more ON your game, than off. Pat on the back!

9. Tuan Ho says:

Just curious, what’s wrong with where you live now? Is it an igloo?

• No, it’s a smaller town. No jobs in my field around here. I’d need to move to a city to return to my previous career. Though an igloo would be an interesting experience. But also not good for job prospects. 🙂

10. Mayumi-H says:

It’s great that you’re making such strong progress, especially on the writing ones! As for the physical ones, those just take time; when you build them into habit, they become easier. Your diligence will pay off, believe me.

Enjoy your break from the Internet! It’s a good thing. 😉

• Thanks! They require a lot more commitment all day to stick to. Writing is more of a knock it out in an hour or two. Eating right is a 24 hour a day thing. So true. I need to get into the habit of doing it. 🙂

I am looking forward to a week off. 🙂 But I’ll miss my blog buddies. 🙂

It’s hard to keep all the balls in the air but you do it so well you could get a job in the circus 😉

• Lol. Thanks. I had some amazing luck with publishing this year. Perseverance and timing finally met. 🙂 you should see what happens when I have 8-10 resolutions. I set the circus tent on fire. 😉

12. Kate is says:

Wonderful! You’ve done so much.

13. Gemma Hawdon says:

Love number 5 – congratulations 🙂

14. Way to go with your goals, Kourtney! Do you suggest getting an agent?

15. Sorry about the car accident. That is certain to derail life in general, so you’re doing good, considering. No. 5 sounds like a dream come true. Congratulations!

• Thanks. It was really scary. I’m doing Physical therapy exercises and slowly mending. It was a long time and a long line of rejections to get the agent. I still can’t quite believe it happened. 🙂 She’s really wonderful and adeptly handles the tangle of contract negotiation.

That’s great progress for 2013. Best wishes for the rest of the year. 🙂

17. Well done on 4-6 Kourtney and some progress on the others despite the setback of the accident – I notice it’s the ones about taking care of yourself that you’ve made slower progress on, so don’t forget to look after you while you’re following the whirlwind of your creativity…:)

• I was a little too career focused I suppose. Now that things are happening there, I’m definitely going to devote more time to me. That’s a really interesting point–I’ll have to think on it a bit. Awareness is the first step to making a change. 🙂

18. Car accident? Oh, jeez. I hope you are okay. 🙁

It seems like things are going really well, otherwise. I’m so glad for you!

• Thanks Elizabeth. It was back in June. I’m on the mend. Still doing physical therapy. Thanks. Some things are kicking butt and some I need a kick in the butt on. LOL. But it’s coming along. 😉