A Whirlwind Day in New York

IMG_1621

This was the view from my private balcony. My friend Anthony calls it my $300 view. From my $150 Hotwire booking. Room 3807 in the Ramada New Yorker. I spent twenty minutes out on my private balcony snapping shots.

IMG_1602

My room was nicely decorated and perfect for 1-2 people. The bed was comfy and I slept well. For the 4.5 hours I actually slept.

IMG_1604

The wet bar was a delight. Providing me with a Keurig coffee/tea maker and mini-fridge.

IMG_1606

The bathroom was small, but clean.

IMG_1646Only on 8th Avenue can you feed all your appetites in one building.

IMG_1670The Commitment Cure at the Riant Theatre–A terrifically, slightly twisted take on commitment by Anthony Dvarskas

IMG_1685

Then off to tapas and white sangria at El Cid to celebrate the playwright’s success! We found out the next morning he made the semifinals in the Strawberry One Act Festival. Congrats Anthony! Well deserved.

IMG_1705

My view at night circa 1:30 a.m.

IMG_1744

5 hours later, I awoke to this splendor. Realized you can rent the greatest experiences and own the memories for life.

IMG_1762

Bye bye, New Yorker. Thanks for the memories.

IMG_1765

Chrysler, it was nice to see you again. Hey Grand Central, I’m ready to go home.

This entry was posted in Personal, Travel, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to A Whirlwind Day in New York

1. kford2007 says:

I loved this post. It was so simple and yet spoke volumes of you. I’m glad the play went well and congrats to your friend’s success!

• Thanks Jenny! I’m so happy for him. To me, this is every artist’s dream–to get their work in front of an audience. And then to have it well received. 🙂 Great day for him–so glad I could share in it.

2. Maxima says:

Beautiful view my friend thank you for share it for us

3. Such a great view, I love New York!

4. Love the pics. Thanks for sharing.

5. Yatin says:

Well the $300 view doesn’t lose it’s charm even at 1:30 AM 🙂
    Yeah after Mayor “cleaned” the time-square some re-located few blocks away.
    Hope you enjoyed your stay.

• It definitely didn’t. Though sometime around 2 am the lights of Empire were toned down. LOL. There’s tons of them in Chelsea and the Village too. It was just funny that one was located right beside a grocery store. 😉 Had an awesome time.

6. Aw. Totally makes me miss New York! I plan to be there in July—would love to share a groovy view with you if you’re able. 🙂

7. berry says:

What s great experience
    Love the room view. Congrats to ur friend

You seem to get to New York a lot. It’s been years since I’ve been there. But except for the last picture, it appears that the New York skies have been no sunnier than ours in Ohio. 🙂

• It’s only 2 hours away. I lived there for 8 years so it still feels like home at times. It also helps me reconnect with who I was. 🙂 LOL. We were having cloudy winter days. No rain/snow, just overcast.

It’s sounds like a perfect day – a great value but fabulous hotel room, stunning view – day & night, friends, food, show… it’s great to take a day once in a while 🙂

• It was a non-stop day. But I loved getting away from the computer and the editing. A needed break. And it’s always wonderful to go back to a place that was your home and reconnect with old friends. 🙂 Especially if you get a hotel room like that!

Looks like you had a great time, and congratulations to your friend on the success of his play! Tapas? Heavenly! One of my favorites. Luckily, we’ve got a few places to choose from around DC. 🙂

• It was awesome. A day well spent. 🙂 I definitely miss the tapas and white sangria. I’m so proud of him for putting his work out there and making it to the semifinals. 🙂

What a fabulous experience. And I bet it was nice to take some time off from all the pressures at home. 🙂

• It was so much fun! I worked extra hard to earn that day off. LOL. But I came back much better for the break. It’s weird the things that start to drive you nuts. Like fonts. Can I tell you how much I despise fonts right now? I spent hours looking at them for the cover. Seeing all caps, small caps, lowercase. And trying to decide which was the font for my book. 🙂

• It’s as bad a building a house from scratch – all the tiny little details that have to be decided! (rest the eyes, rest the eyes a bit?)

• Yup. But when it comes together. Man, there is nothing as rewarding. The book cover, the book mark, the interior formatting. In a few weeks, I’ll hold the actual book in my hand. But today is 200 pages of proof reading. My eyes are sore already and I’m 2/3 done. Luckily, dinner break should help me get through the rest. 🙂

good to hear it went well. Great view from your room!

13. jbw0123 says:

Woo hoo! On a plane to NY right now! Sounds like you had great trip. Fun post.

14. Thanks, I really needed a trip. (Must get a balcony like that one – cool!)