Resolutions for 2012 Update

IMG_1091

With just a few weeks left to 2012, it’s time to turn to that annoying task. Holding myself accountable for my resolutions. Upside, the ones in bold are completed. Downside the rest are in some state of incomplete.

1. Lose 30 lbs and keep it off. —Currently lost 8 lbs.
  2. Exercise 4-5 days per week. —On and off throughout year. Usually 3-5 days a week.
  3. Follow a lower carb eating regimen.–Just committed in December. It’s a lifestyle.
  4. Edit my YA manuscript and submit to 30 agents.–Edited the YA manuscript and submitted to more than 30 agents.
  5. Submit my adult manuscript to 50 agents. –Submitting adult manuscript to over 50 agents.
  6. Finish drafting my third manuscript.–Completed draft in July 2012.
  7. Edit my third manuscript.–Halfway through revisions and should be done in early January.
  8. Spend more time playing with my dog, Emerson.–I’ve been playing with Emerson more. Score!
  9. Go to Hawaii or Germany.–Doesn’t look likely this year. But I got to CA which is beachy and warm and has good wine.

5/9 completed. 4 to carry into the next year. It was ambitious goal setting last January. Now to contemplate the next round of resolutions. 🙂

This entry was posted in Personal, Uncategorized, Writing and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Resolutions for 2012 Update

1. kford2007 says:

Bravo for all you’ve accomplished! Most Excellent.

2. Sounds an awful like my year, Kourtney. good for you for keeping track

• LOL. Good to know I’m not the only one hitting and missing the mark with resolutions. I try to check in a couple times a year. Even if I’m not doing so great on them. Keeps me honest and focused. 🙂

I’d say you’ve done very well. Much better than most of us do. Heck, I don’t even make resolutions. That way, I won’t be disappointed when I don’t meet them. 🙂

• Thanks. I am really pleased with my writing life accomplishments. Next year, I’ll focus more on the physical body and wellbeing. I’m a list maker and a resolution maker. 🙂 Otherwise I have trouble staying on top of my stuff.

4. winsomebella says:

You accomplished much—especially the writing goals. Way to go!

5. Well reading this I think you did pretty well on all your resolutions…. You did better than I… I didnt make any as I nearly always never complete them…
    Wishing you a great 12-12-12 day

You did a great job on the resolutions, especially on the writing and playing! 🙂 Diet and exercise are toughies, aren’t they? But they are so important for our long-term health. Here’s to more successes in 2013! 🙂

• Thanks JM. This was the year of writing for me. Next year is the year of physical health (fingers crossed). Diets and exercise are the hardest. I totally agree. Read Carrie’s blog about healthy immune systems. She’s soooo right. 🙂 To lots of successes in 2013.

You did well to aim very high and achieved a commendable effort, even making inroads in the things you didn’t quite conquer is amazing 🙂

Great job with your resolutions. Nice to see you’re taking on a healthy way of eating (i.e., no dieting). Good luck with it all!

• Thanks. With my blood sugar issues, it has to be a commitment to a lifestyle. I’ve just been taking a while to recommit. Hope to see lots of positive changes in myself this winter. 🙂

9. chiquitar says:

Wow, I’m impressed–you did extremely well. I especially like how you stayed positive on the incomplete goals–you either had partial progress to show, or a forgiving alternative in the case of your travel goal. You should be very proud of yourself!

• Thanks. I usually set 4-5 resolutions a year, so this was a mighty ambitious list. 🙂 No point in beating myself up over things that weren’t completed. Everything was followed up on. One has been on my to-do list for years. LOL. I’ll get to Hawaii one day. 🙂

10. La La says:

Nice work! I will need to set some goals for this year. I’m planning on moving soon, so there will be plenty. Thanks for the motivation, and sorry I haven’t been around much. I’ve been so busy trying to make plans! Miss you!

• Thanks La La! Totally understand. Moves tend to take on a life of their own. Hope to see more of you in the new year after your move is completed and you’ve recovered from all the stress! 🙂 Miss you too!

11. berry says:

Admirable. You kept almost 50%. Wow. Most dont last week. Kudos to u. 2013 will be your year. Definitely.

• I kicked butt writing wise this year. Next year is going to be all about getting my body into a better place. It’s easy to not hold yourself accountable. I do it publicly via the blog. 😉 Hope so.

That is good progress against the goals. Hopefully 2013 continues along the same lines. I must write a post on my goals, thanks for the prompt 🙂