Sights from New York

IMG_1053What greets me as I exit the subway on 23rd St? A ginormous movie poster for The Hobbit!

IMG_1043At Rolf’s on 22nd St, Christmas projectile vomited on everything in the restaurant. It was AMAZING.

IMG_1047

The potato pancake with apple sauce and sour cream. The highlight of my Sunday.

IMG_1077

Lunch fried tofu appetizer at the Pad Thai Noodle Lounge on 8th Ave.

IMG_1078

Chrysler Building from Midtown on way to Yama.

IMG_1081

Yama’s for sushi.

IMG_1082

Fried green tea ice cream.

IMG_1085

Wall Street X-Mas tree.

IMG_1087

Grand Central Station.

This entry was posted in Food and Cooking, Personal, Travel, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Sights from New York

1. Very jealous, I love New York!

2. Aw… I’ve always wanted to visit New York around Christmas. Thanks for sharing highlights!

What a great time of year to experience New York. Glad you had a good time as well as a “shift in perspective.” Introspective getaways are often the best.

• It’s weird because I lived there for 8 years. I reached the point where I under-appreciated the city. This time I fell back in love with her. So many turning points in my life were lived there. It’s impossible to not love what the city brought to my life. An distance and time are great tools to help me see that. ๐Ÿ˜‰

4. kford2007 says:

I have never been to NY. Someday I will and I hope it’s around Christmas. I am sooo loving that Hobbit poster!!!! It must have been even more spectacular in reality because the picture just blows me away.

5. Great photo’s Looks a great place to Christmas shop.. ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Thanks! I did a lil shopping in Soho. Mainly for me. But how often can you buy someone the perfect gift that they are guaranteed to love? ๐Ÿ˜›

7. Elliot says:

Looks like a good trip. I would love to go to New York.

Can’t wait to see the Hobbit! And my husband and keep saying we’ll do Christmas in New York one of these years. This year, it’s Philly. Maybe next….!

9. Coleen Patrick says:

New York is awesome! Looks like you had fun. That green tea ice cream sounds like something I’d try. ๐Ÿ™‚

10. thanks for the memories. New York is my most favorite city in the world.

I’m enraptured by what you’ve captured! I’m so excited about The Hobbit, and I love the festive decorations and the lights… and oh, the food. I can’t decide which theoretically I’d like best… I want them all ๐Ÿ™‚

12. Pingback: ebb & flow | elladee_words

13. Nora says:

I loved seeing NY. Many years ago I did a girlfriends’ weekend at Christmas time with great friends. Now one of them is gone already. The pics remind me of that weekend and how much fun we had together.

• I loved meeting you there a few years back. Aw, that’s amazing. Sorry one of them is gone. ๐Ÿ™ Glad my pictures brought to mind happy memories. Maybe we can meet up there in the spring or summer and have a day in the city? ๐Ÿ™‚

14. Too much fun. Feast everywhere: sights and even the food!

15. Emmie Mears says:

AH! Pad thai — you reminded me of the Thai place we went near your friend’s place in January! Nom nom nom. Do you think you’ll make it to either BackSpace or WDC this year? I am (ambitiously) trying to make it to both.

• Yup, that’s the place I ate at Pad Thai Noodle Lounge. I go every time I stay at my friend’s apt in Chelsea. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m doubtful on WDC. I’m planning to finish my third novel revisions and query in Jan/Feb. It’s a YA so I’ll probably do the New England SCBWI in May. If I’m in the city during either conference I’ll let you know. Maybe we can have a drink or dinner? It’s great to network and get your work out there. ๐Ÿ™‚ GO you!