California Coastal Drive Part 2

The view along the highway is amazing.

Loved the Sea Lions.

Montana D’Oro State Park

Nojoqui Falls Park

The last stretch into LA

This entry was posted in Travel, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

50 Responses to California Coastal Drive Part 2

1. Cat Forsley says:

Love Your Journeys xx

2. Beautiful. Kourtney, I’m kind of PO’d with you darling. these pics make me want to go to sunny Calif and I don’t have much for vacation left. darn

3. berry says:

Great pics. Couldn’t see sea lions that well.

4. Julia says:

I want to be one of those sea lions. Beautiful pictures.

5. Beautiful, Kourtney. I was hoping we would see some sea lions, but not on this trip. That is a great shot!

6. Oh, it’s definitely road trip season. Lovely sounds in your pixs

7. zelmare says:

I also love the sea lions – the way they stretch themselves out in the sun. ๐Ÿ™‚

8. How beautiful. The beach is truly my favorite place. Makes me homesick.

Wonderful! I think the sea lions would be my favorite part. ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Beautiful! Posts like these are wonderful ways to rejuvenate between work bits. Thanks so much for sharing, Kourtney. I feel like this one has a soundtrack… Does it? ๐Ÿ˜‰

11. La La says:

I am longing for a road trip. Looks like fun!

12. Elliot says:

I have a picture of that same sea lion beach from pretty much exactly the same place, except mine has my wife in the left third of it. Seriously it looks like the same picture with her removed! Nice journey though, and doesn’t it start to get crappy as you get close to LA?

I do love when we get to head north up the coast.

• How cool! You should post it on your blog sometime. ๐Ÿ™‚ It got a bit boring as we closed in on LA. But it was cool to recognize Malibu and realize we were almost out of the car. ๐Ÿ˜‰

13. I think I’ve been to Montana de Oro. I know I’ve been to Nojoqui. (Love the name.)
    Great pix!

• Montana de Oro is my friends favorite park. It was lovely. Nojoqui was too much of a hike for me with a respiratory infection. I ended up laying down on a bench and letting my friend finish the hike to the falls. ๐Ÿ˜‰

You bought back wonderful memories. I have only done the trip from LA to San Fran by train but saw places just like this, and sea lions. It would be fantastic to roadtrip it. I can dream ๐Ÿ™‚

• Dreaming is the first step to making it a reality. ๐Ÿ™‚ Glad I could bring back great memories for you! The train runs right by the coast most of the trip so it’s just as amazing. Plus you can get up and move around. We were in a car for 11 hours. It was exhausting but worth it.

15. Androgoth says:

I was going to comment on part one of this series but the comments seem to be turned off on that posting, as are all previous ones before that, however I have enjoyed viewing your road trip parts one and two and the photographs that you have presented are all wonderful my friend. I hope that your respiratory problem eased throughout your trip and that nothing was spoiled as a result of same ๐Ÿ™‚

Androgoth

• Hmm. That’s weird. I didn’t turn off commenting. Maybe wordpress did it. I’ll check into it. Glad you enjoyed the pictures. It got worse as the trip went on, but I soldiered on and made it through everything. Then I came home and went to the doctor. ๐Ÿ™‚ Still managed to enjoy the trip, but wished I’d felt better.

• Androgoth says:

Yes it is a shame when one is feeling poorly, especially on such a wondrously nice break but I think that you did very well to overcome this infection and still manage to enjoy your holiday ๐Ÿ™‚ I think on some of these settings that the comments automatically turn off after a certain length of time but it can be changed to suit your own preferences so that is a good thing I think? Have a nice evening Kourtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Androgoth

• Mind over matter. I once spent 12 hours with a broken arm refusing to admit it was broken. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I just said, you have to make the most of a vacation. It’s weird, I went and checked my settings and I didn’t turn off comments on those posts or check the box to turn them off after x # of days. I think wordpress has a glitch. It also says I have 1500 followers when it’s really 900. Maybe I’ll shoot them an email. Have a good night!

• Androgoth says:

I have been thinking about that and there is a way of opening comments manually but it would have to be done on each posting and that takes too much time up, so if you are wanting comments on certain postings that have been turned off, then just click on ‘Edit’ posting and if you scroll down you will find a box to uncheck, then just update the page and the comments will be allowed again but as I said previously it will only be for that one posting, the same would need to be applied on all but I think it is not practical unless it is a posting that you would like comments adding to ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a nice afternoon and evening Kourtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Androgoth

• Here’s the weird part, the comments box is checked in the posting to allow comments. And I did not check the setting to close comments on blogs in the settings/discussion tab. Even weirder if you go into the post via the archives you can make comments, it’s just if you scroll back to it that the post won’t allow comments. WordPress ghost at work. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Have a nice night!

• Androgoth says:

Yes those Gremlins are definitely out in force by the sound of that one, but never mind it could easily just revert back to its normal setting ๐Ÿ™‚ I hope so anyway ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you for adding your thoughts to my scripts I appreciate that my friend ๐Ÿ™‚

Androgoth

• It’s rather weird. No one seems to know what is going on on the forums. Oh well. At least you can search by keyword or view the archives and comment. Just don’t trying scrolling backward. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Very interesting stuff you’ve been writing! Happy to comment. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Androgoth says:

I will use your archives for backtracking your postings, I like to read through the older one’s as a lot of the time these never get noticed by new friends, and that is a shame I think…

Thank you for your kind thoughts on my Space and do call again soon my friend ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a happy weekend ๐Ÿ™‚

Androgoth

• Thanks. ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s funny how I kept writing despite the lack of comments in the earlier posts. It’s so much more fun when people comment. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll have to check out some of your older ones as well. I’ll be popping over from time to time.

Have a great weekend!
            Kourtney

• Androgoth says:

There are no real old one’s left as 95% of those postings have been deleted from my Space but you are welcome to view what is left. I agree with you, comments are always very nice to receive. I hope that your weekend has been a good one my friend ๐Ÿ™‚

Androgoth

• As a new follower, I haven’t hit the end of your earlier posts yet. I will check out some of the ones you left up over the coming weeks. It was a quiet but productive weekend. Hope your was nice too!
            Kourtney

• Androgoth says:

Yes it was a nice weekend thank you, I have lots of postings of yours to see yet and over time I will try and keep up and also read your past efforts ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a lovely day today Kourtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Androgoth

• I’ve amassed quite a back log of posts. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for checking them out when you have time! Have a great week!

Thanks for sharing the trip with us. ๐Ÿ™‚ I always enjoy seeing beautiful scenery!

17. Hello Kourtney, thank you for taking me upon your travels, beautiful photos..
    And may I also take this opportunity in saying thank you for also following Dreamwalker’s Sanctuary. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Sue