Awkward–My Guilty Pleasure

I fell in love with this show last year. It’s so awkward and so high school. And so many of those moments we never quite forget. I loved watching Jenna survive her accidental suicide and grow into herself in season 1.

Season 2 promises awkwarder moments as she accidentally falls into a love triangle between two best friends, Matty and Jake. Except Jake has no idea she was ever with Matty and Matty realizes too late how much she means to him. Awkwardest.

Part of the pull is memories of being that awkward. Er and still having those kind of moments even now. Also, Jenna owns her awkwardness and you come to really root for her. She reminds me of who I wished I’d been in high school.

It’s a definite must watch this summer!

This entry was posted in tv shows, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Awkward–My Guilty Pleasure

1. Cat Forsley says:

OMG – i love this show too ๐Ÿ™‚
    i watched the whole first season online on muchmusic
    the new season is out ๐Ÿ™‚ woooohoooo ๐Ÿ™‚
    love her attitude ……..::) she is always who she is no matter what ๐Ÿ™‚
    xx
    Cat

• So glad to hear that! I watched the first season on MTV. Then I rewatched it a few times on mtv.com. It gets better with each watching! Loving season 2. ๐Ÿ™‚ She has such a great attitude and she owns who she is.

Hugs,
      Kourtney

• Cat Forsley says:

๐Ÿ™‚ Huggs ๐Ÿ™‚
        k
        can’t wait to watch season 2
        now ….didn’t even know it was out –
        thanks xxoxoxoxo

• LOL. Just started the new season June 28th I think. Only 2 episodes so far. But they are really good!

Hugs,
          Kourtney

• Cat Forsley says:

OKAY ….:)
            i am on it tonight ๐Ÿ™‚ wooohoooo ๐Ÿ™‚
            which boy does she choose ? don’t tell me ๐Ÿ™‚ lol xoxoxoxoxo
            C

• It’s unclear who she will be with permanently. That’s the fun of watching! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m totally torn, though I lean toward Jake. He’s always treated her well and been open about his interest in her. He never made her a dirty little secret. He’s sweet and hot. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Cat Forsley says:

Agreed babe ———
            i am tuning in tonight ๐Ÿ™‚
            thanks for the reminder about this coooool guilty pleasure show ๐Ÿ™‚ lol
            i don’t feel guilty ——- i still watch Sex and The City Reruns …..
            xx
            Have a great night ๐Ÿ™‚ xx

• Enjoy! ๐Ÿ™‚ I really love this show. It’s under 30 mins of PFM (pure freaking magic).
            I do too Sex and The City reminds me of when I first moved to NY. My friends would have parties and watch the new episodes. ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a wonderful evening ๐Ÿ™‚

• Cat Forsley says:

I checked it out k …..
            just watched one ….
            OMG …………
            It’s Good ………..
            when i get out of music world today
            i am going for the second ……….
            and yeah sex and the city ……….
            well – It was just the awesomeest show …….
            I loved Aidan …..
            he was ……. THE MAN ๐Ÿ™‚ XOXOXOXOXO
            have a great day xo

• Yeah, this new season is really exciting! Have fun in the music world. ๐Ÿ™‚ Aidan was so wonderful, I never got the Big thing. He was the worst thing that ever happened to Carrie imho.
            XOXO
            Have a melody filled day!

• Cat Forsley says:

Yeah not into BIG…..at all – he was all suit no substance ………
            Aidan loved her sooooooooo much ๐Ÿ™‚ xoixoxoxoxoxoxo !!!!!
            Thx Love xo

• I especially hated how he jerked her around. And how she allowed it over and over again. The movie made it even worse. Aidan loved her so well too.

Hugs,
            Kourtney

2. ohGod I do not want to remember high school! Enjoy K

3. La La says:

I DID TOO! I was stuck in my house during a snow thing and there were like 900 episodes on that day. I loved it!

Yeah, some of us never outgrow that awkwardness.

5. CC MacKenzie says:

This sounds wonderful! We don’t get it here, unfortunately, but if it’s a huge hit with you guys, it tends to find it’s way to us eventually! Glad to see your cooking on gas and feeling better!

• It’s pretty cool. I think you can find it on the internet maybe? I am finally on the mend! Thank goodness because I have a writing conference in LA in August that I must get to. ๐Ÿ™‚

This looks very cool. I wish I had time for some TV. Waaah. Glad you’re enjoying it. I appreciate your comment to Louise, about how it helps you with your writing. I sooo get that. Plus, it’s really nice to have something to reasearch and enjoy yourself doing it.

• It’s funny because I tend to make up words for some of my YA characters and they do it so much on this show too! Keep it in mind if you ever get sick and need to watch something on the internet. ๐Ÿ™‚

High school wasn’t terrible for me, but yes it was awkward! What makes me sad is those people who 20, 30, and more years later still think it was the best time of their lives.

• It was awkward and one of my least favorite times in my life. ๐Ÿ™‚ The best stuff came after high school. College, relationships, first apartment, first real job, independence, grad school. I loved from 17-present. Some of the best times of my life.:)

8. I hope this comes over here, sounds like something I’d enjoy!

9. berry says: