- Free congratulatory lunches with my closest friends!!! Thanks Ant and Lin for celebrating my successes with me. It’s amazing to have had decades of our life journey together.
- The awesome reviews by fellow bloggers, family, personal friends, writing buddies, and unknown but always appreciated reviewers. You guys took the time to read my stuff and share your thoughts. That is so precious to me. As a writer, your support and feedback is invaluable. Thank you!
- People now believe I am a writer. Despite the 5 years of writing, placing in an international contest gives me “Writing” creds. What’s always been a serious venture to me is suddenly serious to others too.
- I’ve made my parents proud. They took me to dinner to celebrate. But more importantly they’ve been supporting my writing for years and now they get to share in this “win” with me. Every round that I advanced we screamed and danced together. Except Dad, er, he doesn’t dance. 🙂
- I’ve gotten a couple requests from agents on the novel.
- It’s a definite confidence booster to have several individuals judge my work and move it forward in the contest.
Blog ScheduleNew posts will appear every other Monday.
Search in this Blog:
Buy Ebook or Paperback
Buy Kindle or Paperback
Buy Ebook, Paperback, or Audiobook
Authorgraph–Request Ebook Autograph
Kourtney Heintz’s Writer Page
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tagsaccomplishment beta readers book review book signing changes characters crimebake dog editing Emerson family fear feedback friends goals grandma grandma h Highway Thirteen to Manhattan Hong Kong humor inspiration Killer Nashville letting go loss love MWA New Year's Resolutions new york Paige Shelton pitching progress querying revision revisions self doubt stress the girl who ignored ghosts The six train to wisconsin uncertainty wisconsin word count writer's digest Writer's Digest Conference Writing writing conference